Condenser and heat exchanger tubes need to regular brushing in order to clean and get rid of build-up before scaling sets in. Eqobrush Automatic Tube Cleaning System keeps heat exchanger and condenser tubes in pristine condition without any interruption of operations.
The formation of fouling and scaling can be avoided with Eqobrush brushing system’s high-frequency automatic brushing of the heat exchanger’s or condenser’s tubes for up to 6 times per day. Powered by the water flow through a flow reversing valve, the brushes which are inserted in the heat exchanger travel up and down the tube resulting in any sedimentation removed by the brushing system before it hardens. Therefor, the tubes are kept in top condition to achieve utmost performance at all times. No more interruptions of operations for mechanical or chemical cleaning.
Components of Eqobrush
The automatic tube cleaning system is designed to fit any heat exchanger, its components are the following:
- Standard brushes are made from PE caps with stainless steel wires and nylon bristles for application in water with temperatures of up to 60 ᴼC.
- Standard sizes are from 10 to 24 mm tube diameter.
- Depending on the fouling level of the cooling tower water, these brushes will last 3 to 5 years until it needs to be replaced. Different materials are available for special applications as well.
- PE baskets can be removed easily from the socket when required during inspection or brush replacement and reusable as well.
- Locked in operation to secure all brushes at the tube ends.
- The catch baskets come in different sizes to meet all tube diameters standards.
- The IP55-control panel carries the components required for the automatic operation.
- Any cleaning cycle interval from 15 minutes and 24 hours can be set.
- Additional cleaning-cycles can be initiated through the manual switch.
- Switching positions are fixed before delivery.
- Compact multi-functional actuator comes with end position switches and torque control in IP55 housing.
- The manual emergency operation is possible as well.
- The special reversing valves of Eqobrush Automatic Tube Cleaning System are designed in the nominal size of 80 mm to 600 mm for nominal flow rates from 50 m³/h to 3000 m³/h.
Automatic Backwashing System
Automatic backwashing systems reverse the flow and backwash of the heat exchanger tube-and-shell or plate-and-frame exchangers. Pre-filtration can only remove large particles, while fine articles like silt, sand, mud and other suspended solids enter the plate heat exchangers and gather between the plates, which results in plugging and encourages scaling and pitting.
The reversal valve of the Eqobrush Automatic Tube Cleaning System can be easily installed on the supply and return pipes. Without any operation interruptions, it periodically reverse the flow through the exchanger for a short time. The flow then returns to its normal direction after a short while, which is less than a minute. Periodic backwashing by means of an automatic backwashing system removes accumulated solids and allows considerably longer intervals between interruptions of operation for cleaning.