On behalf of Paul Wurth SA, Luxembourg we refurbished an industrial cooling tower of 6000 m3/h at Sollac SA, Dunkirk. This plant is now know as ArcelorMittal Dunkerque.
The tower previous tower was operated in the very abrasive environment of an iron-ore mill and needed a complete overhaul.
Our works included:
- Restructure Stainless Steel internal cladding
- Wooden finishing with rock wool filling
- Drive set 132 kW with flender gearbox
- Howden Fan 5500 mm with anti-abrasive leading edge protection
- Air inlet cones
- atmospheric water spray system
The cooling tower is in non-stop operation since 1999.